Thursday, October 13, 2011

Top 5 Games That Need HD Remakes!


With the recent release of ICO / Shadow of the Colossus in glorious 3D and High Definition glory, we thought it'd be great to put a list of games that we'd like to see get remade and released.  There's tons out there, but we've narrowed it down to the top five.  Are your favorites on the list?







5.) Tomba

This Playstation One game was great.  It had some really great puzzle solving, great humor, and a very interesting main character.  The game had a great flow, and I know it would be even more awesome with a couple of tweaks, mainly open-world.










4.) Wrath of Cortex and Crash Twinsanity

I loved the original Crash Bandicoot games.  I played them over and over again until I got all of the crystals and gems.  The characters were always funny, as were the storylines.  I even enjoy the newer games with Crash, but I feel that the first two PS2 games were the perfect balance of fun and hard.





3.) The Original Spyro Trilogy

Spyro was awesome.  A head-butting, fire-breathing, jewel-collecting purple dragon and his awesome friends was all a kid could really ask for.  Throw in the awesome gameplay and beautiful scenery and you had one hell of a game.  We got to see a newly revamped Spyro voiced by Elijah Wood, but what about the Spyro of yesteryear? I'm sure he's feeling left out.









2.)  Ape Escape

This was one of my favorites on Playstation.  When I got a PS2, I totally played Ape Escape 2 and 3 (and caught as many of those crazy monkeys as I could!)  I can only imagine what it would be like in first person, HD, 3D, with move. -drools-  I know they have the Ape Escape Move, but I'd like to see a full-out awesome remake available!







1.)  Dragon Quest VIII

This was hands-down my favorite PS2 game.  I played it and replayed it for hours upon hours.  It never got tiring, either!  The great story that I love playing through, the amazing cast of characters that still stand out from almost any game I've played, and the overall feel and writing make it a classic for me.  I'd love to see this game in HD glory.  It'd be greater in 3D.  I mean, who wouldn't want to see a 3D Kingslime?



What games would you want to see remade?

No comments:

Post a Comment