Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Beavis and Butthead: Episode 3 Mini-Review


Another week, another episode of our destructively dumb duo in their newest episode, Drones.  How does the third episode of the new Beavis and Butthead compare to the last two?
This episode actually seemed to be lacking a little bit of "funny" to the TV show commentaries.  They focused a lot on Jersey Shore, which there isn't much to anyway.  While almost everything else remained the same, we've still got time for our breakdown:

Artistic Style: There isn't much to judge it by (no pun intended.)  It's got the same artistic style as before.  A solid two points.


Commentaries: The commentaries were lacking a bit and there was way too much Jersey Shore for my taste.  The commentary that really made up for the others was the music video for Benny Benassi's Satisfaction, which you can view here.  B&B humor at its best, guys!

Comedy:  The comedy of the drone "plot" really kept me interested throughout the episode.  It was classic miscreant B&B behavior, and I loved the Grand Theft Auto jokes about killing prostitutes and, for some reason, lawyers.


Overall Episode Quality: It was alright.  While the commentaries and focus on Jersey Shore wasn't the best, the rest of the show more than made up for it.  It ended in much the same way I expected, except for the final joke, which almost had me in tears.  It was nuts.


Re-Watchability: I'd rewatch it again, definitely, but I'd probably fast forward through the Jersey Shore scenes.  As I said before, it wasn't the best I've seen B&B do.


Was it better than Green Lantern? Yes!


Overall Score: 8.1  While the episode itself was funny, the commentaries were severly lacking this time around.  The focus on Jersey Shore was killing me and not a whole lot of commentary-related jokes stood out, which really upset me.

Check out the episode below and tell us what you think!



We really hope this is a minor slip-up in B&B and not something that'll get lower as time goes on; knock on wood.

Huh huh, we said wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment