Saturday, October 8, 2011

Can Disney Change How People Feel About 3D?

Disney recently released their 3D movie line-up for the next couple of years.  All of them are re-releases of our favorite movies.  Starting with The Lion King, which just got out of it's massive cash haul of a two-week stint, it will be followed by Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc., and The Little Mermaid. But can Disney give 3D the extra boost it needs to stay current?


I never got to see The Lion King in 3D, but I wanted to.  It's a staple in almost any kid (or person's) childhood. It was epic, emotional, thrilling-- an overall masterpiece, and it's unfit to call it as I've heard it uttered before, a cartoon (blech!)

This is probably the most epic 3D experience, EVER.
From what I've heard, The Lion King 3D was excellent.  Of course, tons of scenes in that movie seem like they were made for 3D.  The stampede, the Hakuna Matata song, and let's not forget the entire Circle of Life.  It's as if Disney knew that at some point, 3D would come to stay and that they could make some serious bank on their movies, but with the poor reaction so far to many 3D films, can they pave the road to success (in stunning Disney 3D?)

I think that they definitely can.  I mean, it's Disney.  I feel that all of their films are works of art.  Combined with Pixar, they really are a force to be reckoned with, animation wise at least.  I'm not a big fan of their made-for-TV movies or really any live-action film they make, although I'm sure there's an exception somewhere.

Hang tight, little dude!
When they show just how much artistic value can be included in the experience of watching a movie, the audience will love it.  They've already taken to The Lion King in 3D, and I'm sure it will only go from there.  I project Finding Nemo to break some serious records.  I mean, I'd love to see Bruce the shark charge at me in theaters, or experiencing the turtle ride would be epic in itself.

So, do you think that Disney has a shot, or is 3D itself a waste of time and effort?

No comments:

Post a Comment